What makes Echain special?
- Real-world-assets focused: In designing the Echain, the aim is to make it the layer-1 where real-world actions, services and needs can be realized on the blockchain, Echain acts as a bridge between the real world and the blockchain, providing concrete on-chain utility. For example, making it easier to buy and sell goods in a decentralized way, all on the blockchain without the intervention of a banking institution.
- Fast, Scalable & cheap: Echain can support up to 100,000 TPS (transaction per second) with a 3s block time and finality. Echain transactions fees are below 0.001 cents even when the network usage is high.
- Low-carbon: The actual energy consumption of Echain network, both for the testnet and the mainnet, is approximately 5 to 10 KWH.
- EVM-compatible: Supports all the existing Ethereum tooling along with faster finality and cheaper transaction fees.
- Interoperable: Cross-chain transfer and other communication are possible due to native support of interoperability with Echain Bridge and more.
- Dev friendly: Being EVM compatible makes it easy for new builders to join the network.